'Sapere Aude' (loosely translates to 'Dare to think') reiterated the famous philosopher Immanuel Kant in his essay on enlightenment. I try to live by that in every decision I make. I dare to think new, keep my conviction to plan, being patient to develop, being modest to recieve feedback and have enough motivation to iterate.
It makes complete sense to me why I love being a tinkerer and designer today. I enjoyed watching my dad fixing his bike and me opening old radios, vacuum cleaners and electronics. Thanks to my beautiful big school, I was an observant kid and I had no problem being alone, although I have made friends for life.
My interest in computers and graphic design, copywriting landed me opportunities to work with film directors, social activists, and startups.In the pursuit of taking professional education in design, I studied from prestigious National Institute of Design, the brainchild of Charles Eames, grounded in the Bauhaus design philosophy. Now I constantly derive satisfaction being a designer from the fact that I'm able to contribute to building products that enhance everyday experiences of numerous lives and deliver delight.
Full Stack Designer
UX and UI Design
I spend most of my time on this, talking to users, sketching user flows, mapping user journies and designing wireframes/mockups. Testing and doing all over it again.
After school, I rarely had to speak to real users for a couple of years as a Junior Designer. But lately, I learned it the hard way and talk to or gather all my understanding by interacting with my users first.
My favorite and I use it before starting to even think.
Figma and Sketch
I’m using it for almost everything w.r.t ux design now.
Invision and Framer
I use it for prototyping, sharing with team and motion design.
Adobe Creative Suite
Almost all the Adobe tools for Presentations, Animations and Movies.
Autodesk Fusion360 or Google sketch to create simple 3D product illustrations.
Programming and Others
HTML & CSS
I can build basic web pages and tweak CSS to refine the output.
I love to write small utility programs or computer genrated graphics.
I’m learning it for data visualization using d3.js libraries.
Product planning and development methodologies, Agile and Lean methods..
Deutsch A2 and TU Delft Professional Certificate in Electric Car Technologies.
Accolades and Contributions
- Finalist and Young Scientist Award - National Children Science Congress 1999
- First Prize for Short Movie on HIV Awareness - AP Govt Health Department, 2006
- Top 50 Designs for Parking Space - Nissan, Designboom 2009
- $2500 Grant for "Rethink the Design" - GE Healthcare, Behance 2011
- Design for education in emerging economies - USID, 2011
- Richer Experience over mobile phone interactions - USID, 2011
- Design of automobile infotainment system for elderly drivers in Indian context - IIID, Vienna, 2011
- Multimodal Interaction with user’s forced exhalation - IEEE TechSym, IIT Kharagpur, 2011
- Real Time Traffic Information Research - Transport Expert Forum, Vienna, 2011
- Creative Head - World Earth Hour, Hyderabad, 2007
- Graphic Designer - World Environment Day, WWF, 2008
- Information visualization Designer - Datakind, Bangalore, 2016